How do I tell my mom I have a boyfriend gay?
Meet the Parents, Queer Edition: How to Make It Go Smoothly
- Don’t use this moment to come out to them.
- Expose them to queer culture.
- Before the intro, ask your parents how they’re feeling.
- Let your partner know what to expect.
- Decide if you’re going to be affectionate.
- Choose a casual environment.
- Set a time limit.
How do you tell my parents I like men?
Being direct is always for the best.
- Take a few deep breaths if you’re nervous. Say something like, “Mom, I’ve been thinking about Mason a lot lately. I think I have feelings for him.”
- The conversation will run smoothly if you don’t make your mom do guess work. Do not beat around the bush. Simply state you like the guy.
How do I tell my parents that I’m pregnant?
How to tell your parents you’re pregnant
- Process where you’re at with the pregnancy first.
- Seek other support if needed.
- Tell your parents in person if possible.
- Remember that no matter how your parents react, you’re not alone.
- Be ready to give them time and space to process their reactions.
How do you make your parents understand how you feel?
For Kids: How to Talk So Parents Will Listen
- Say what you mean, and be specific.
- Try not to be defensive.
- Give your parents a chance to think things over.
- Don’t make your parents guess what is important to you.
- Try to pick a time to talk that is good for everyone.
- Introduce your parents to things you enjoy.