How do you say gay in every language?
- Bosnian: gej. Bulgarian: гей Catalan: gai. Cebuano: bayot. Chinese (Simplified): 同性恋者 Chinese (Traditional): 同性戀者 Corsican:
- Indonesian: gay. Irish: aerach. Italian: gay. Japanese: ゲイ Javanese: homo. Kannada: ಸಲಿಂಗಕಾಮಿ
- Polish: wesoły. Portuguese (Portugal, Brazil): gay. Punjabi: ਸਮਲਿੰਗੀ Romanian: gay. Russian: гей Samoan: gay.
How do you translate queer in French?
- old-fashioned) (= odd) étrange ⧫ curieux/euse.
- very informal, offensive) (= homosexual) [man] pédé (very informal)
- (= gay) [culture, activism, politics] homo (informal)
- ( Britain) (= sick)
How do you pronounce iel in French? Pronounced ‘eee-elle‘, it is the combination of the French words il and elle, (he and she) and is a gender-inclusive pronoun, the equivalent of calling someone they or them in English.
Are there non binary pronouns in French? A French dictionary has added a gender-neutral pronoun, sparking debate among French speakers in the country. Le Petit Robert introduced the word “iel” to its online edition in October. The word is a combination of “il” (he) and “elle” (she).