How parents can support their Lgbtq child? Talk Discuss the matter with your foster child or child. their LGBT identity. Express When your child tells your about their sexual orientation or when you discover that they are gay, you can show affection. Support Even though you might be uncomfortable, your child can embrace their LGBT identity. Advocate For your child if he/she is mistreated due to their LGBT identity
Can LGBT are parents? People who identify as LGBT can Becoming parents You can use various methods to achieve this, such as coparenting or ex-relationships, coparenting and foster care, adoption, foster car, donor insemination and reciprocal IVF..
What What should you say when your little girl comes out?
- DON’T Ignore it.
- DON’T Say you “knew all along.”
- DON’T Tell them “this is just a phase.”
- DON’T Use Religion to shame them
- DO Tell Let them know you believe in them and that you love them.
- DO Ask About what type of support They have to.
How How can I talk with my child about this? Lgbtq?
- Do Educate yourself.
- Do Make the conversation positive and supportive.
- Do To emphasize compassion, use the example of friends or family members.
- Do Model the behavior you want for your children.
- Don’t perpetuate stereotypes.
- Don’t Avoid using slurs, or any other negative words.