What are the 2 Pride months? LGBT Pride Month
First, President Bill Clinton declared June “Gay & Lesbian Pride Month” in 1999 and 2000. Then from 2009 to 2016, each year he was in office, President Barack Obama declared June LGBT Pride Month. Later, President Joe Biden declared June LGBTQ+ Pride Month in 2021.
Why is Gay Pride month in October? October was chosen by Wilson as the month for the celebration because the first and second LGBT Marches on Washington, in 1979 and 1987, were in October; National Coming Out Day is on 11 October, chosen to mark the date of the Second March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights in 1987, and October is within the
What are the special days in Pride Month?
- June 5 | World Environment Day.
- June 12 | Pulse Night of Remembrance.
- June 19 | Juneteenth.
- June 26 | LGBT Equality Day.
- June 26 | Anniversary of the Legalization of Same-Sex Marriage in the U.S.
- June 27 | National HIV Testing Day.
- June 28 | Stonewall Riots Anniversary.
What pride month is September?
|Celebrate Bisexuality Day||23 September||1999|
|Genderfluid Visibility Week||17-24 October||2021|
|Drag Day||16 July||2009|
|International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia||17 May||2005|