When did gay pride begin in New Orleans? New Orleans Pride is a festival that began in February 1971, when the newly formed Gay Liberation Front of New Orleans presented a “Gay In” picnic in February in City Park, the first such event in the state of Louisiana.
What time does the NOLA Pride parade start? See an image of the new route below: The parade will roll Saturday at 6 p.m. You can track the parade in the WDSU Parade Tracker app.
Is Southern Decadence 2021 still happening? As of 8/23/21 – the only part of the 2021 Southern Decadence that has CANCELLED this year because of COVID is the PARADE. The Southern Decadence Festival is held annually over Labor Day weekend. What began as a little costume party in 1972 is now a world-famous LGBT celebration.
What’s happening in New Orleans in June?
- There’s no such thing as a summertime slowdown in New Orleans.
- Celebrate Pride in New Orleans.
- Scream out loud at Overlook Film Fest.
- Attend the New Orleans Wine & Food Experience.
- Experience French Market Creole Tomato Fest.
- Celebrate Father’s Day.