Why am I scared of talking to my parents? Talking To Parents. Talking to a parent about mental health can be scary for a number of reasons. Many people report being afraid to tell their parents because they do not want to upset them. Sometimes we don’t understand where troubling feelings or thoughts are coming from and feel guilty for having them.
How do you make your parents understand how you feel?
- Say what you mean, and be specific.
- Try not to be defensive.
- Give your parents a chance to think things over.
- Don’t make your parents guess what is important to you.
- Try to pick a time to talk that is good for everyone.
- Introduce your parents to things you enjoy.
How do you tell your mom you like girls? Say “I feel…” or “I think…” when you talk to your parents to show them you are speaking from your perspective. For example, you may say, “I think I am developing feelings for this girl at school,” or, “I feel like I have feelings for this boy in my class.”
How do I tell my mum I like a boy?
- Take a few deep breaths if you’re nervous. Say something like, “Mom, I’ve been thinking about Mason a lot lately. I think I have feelings for him.”
- The conversation will run smoothly if you don’t make your mom do guess work. Do not beat around the bush. Simply state you like the guy.